Our attempt to simplify the art of starting up and building a value loop.
- Hey Future Founders 👋🏻
- Purpose of Simplified Entrepreneurship;
- What's inside this resource? + User Guide
- 3 Y's of Simplified Entrepreneurship
- 🧑🏼💻 The Important Y - You (Founder/Maker)
- Founder Mindset - Pre-requisite
- Catalyst/mediums that give your idea way, shape and form:
- 💼 The value-generating Y - Your Company
- Catalyst's that drive your company's growth:
- Questions to ask your customer and yourself before building it. Is our solution;
- Steps you can take to verify that the solutions you are working on to solve your target customer’s key challenge or pain points.
- 🦸🏻♂️ The paying Y - Your Customers (it's all about them)
- 🥷🏻 The significant M - Mentors!
- Bases in Simplified Entrepreneurship
- Thank you 🙏🏻
Hey Future Founders 👋🏻
Simplified Entrepreneurship is an honest attempt to encourage more people to start founding, unlock self-potential and build your "NewCo." This tiny guide reveals the secret of starting up with less than $100 to make upwards of $1000 motivating you to build and launch tiny moonshots 🚀 fuelled by your passion, creativity, time, imagination, discipline, and juice, of course.
Purpose of Simplified Entrepreneurship;
" The idea is not to build a unicorn but to spark the habit of watching the space, experimenting and collaboration that may lead to building a unicorn 🤞 Our goal is to help first-time, Solo founders, Indie makers, or anyone who has an idea and plans to launch their startup to identify opportunities to grow, validate ideas, build an MVP, get early users, and scale their customer acquisition channels. "
What's inside this resource? + User Guide
Housekeeping and user guide
Hello First-time and Future Founders 🙏🏻
Creators Note (Please read)
Hey fellow founders and startups, thanks for getting Simplified Entrepreneurship and taking your first step to building something great 🙏🏻 I am an international student turned professional turned entrepreneur and first-time founder. I built this toolkit from my pain and knowledge gap when I took part in multiple accelerators and startup programs. Honestly, I used to be (I still am) the only first-time founder (like Alice in wonderland) in every discussion I participate, every room I enter filled with founders. Lately, I discovered many first-time founders do not have the confidence to attend these programs and to address the elephant in the room. Please keep in mind that the primary goal of using this resource is to keep yourself, your team, and your startup familiar with all the tools, bridge the knowledge gap, support more entrepreneurs and grow together as a community. Happy Startupping 😎 and Yes, I love rockets 🚀 Goutham Bandaru Maker of Simplified Entrepreneurship
Please see the below video to help you navigate through the resource 👇
If you have any questions or feedback or just have a conversation with us over coffee, please fill the form below 👇
- Start with WHY!
- Initial research and brainstorming
- Evaluating startup ideas
- Startup ideation process
- How to validate startup ideas?
- Lean market validation
- How to define value proposition?
- Define value prop and custom segments
Go to baseIdea
Landing Page Base
- What is a landing page?
- Things to consider when building a landing page
- Steps to creating a beautiful landing page that converts
- Tools to build your landing page
- Landing page inspiration
Go to baseLanding Page
- The lean startup
- Product prioritisation framework
- The lean MVP building process
- User Acquisition framework
- Tools to build your MVP
Go to baseMVP
[Prototyping Stack] How to build and launch your MVP!
- How to get your first 10,100 and 1000 customers?
- Go-To-Market Strategy / Pirate Funnel
- 100 places to launch and promote your startup - Early-stage and First Users
Go to baseMarketing (Early-Stage)
- 10 stages of Business Lifecycle
- Development Cost Estimate
- Product Development Roadmap
- Customer Discovery questions
- Human-centred Design
- Customer interview script generator
- How to conduct a user interview with example questions
- DE Toolbox
- PASTEL Analysis
- Cognitive bias codex
- Product development cycle
- Prototyping and user testing
- Lean product management stack
- Business modelling
- Social media marketing
- Accounting for startups
- Building the MVP
- + Many more
Go to baseResources
Templates + Canvases Base
Downloadable canvases and templates. Links to guides below each canvas
- Business Model Canvas
- Lean Canvas
- Problem Validation Canvas
- Pitch Canvas
- Pitch Validation Canvas
- Digital Marketing Canvas
- Business Plan Template
- Collaborative Templates on Miro
Go to baseTemplates
Visual Model Base
Visual models and descriptions on;
- The Lean Startup
- Design Innovation - Double Diamond
- The Lean Startup + Design Thinking
- Build-Measure-Learn Loop
- Lean Startup Validation
- MVP - Minimum Viable Product
- MVP / MMP / MLP
- The Idea Funnel
- Startup Development Phases
- Lean Product Roadmap
- Product Development Phases
- Product Development Lifecycle
- Crossing the "CHASM"
- Product Market Fit
- Go-To-Market Strategy
Go to BaseModels. Visualised.
3 Y's of Simplified Entrepreneurship
🧑🏼💻 The Important Y - You (Founder/Maker)
Founder Mindset - Pre-requisite
When you are working towards building something the world has never seen, boy! it takes a lot of adventure, service and high levels of persistence. Having a Growth and Founder mindset will set you up foreseeing both the greatest and the steepest.
Simply, a calm brain behind crazy ideas!
More on how to change to Founder's mindset;
How to Change Founder's Mindset; Why Many Founders Fail to Turn Their Idea Into a Successful...
There is a common belief that to build a successful startup, you need three co-founders; Hustler, Hipster, and Hacker. The Hustler will sell the product and raise money, the Hipster will design a simple and easy to use the product, and the Hacker will...
Catalyst/mediums that give your idea way, shape and form:
- Technology: Leverage the value of the current technology landscape. We are living in a very fortunate time many founders spent their lives building cool stuff that made future platform building so accessible and easy to use
- Tools + Platforms: There are many tools especially no-code tools which eliminated the efforts to building something ground up and uncomplicated the venture building process
- Partners: Identity channel partners who not only turn into sales engines but also bring their expertise to help you build amazing products
- Service Providers: Partner with existing/similar service providers (if any). If their operations are manual, you/your product can help them automate end-to-end. Your product now has a competitive advantage and testimonial to support your growth
💼 The value-generating Y - Your Company
Your offering can be a Product / Service or a Productised Service.
Don't have an Idea?
Want inspiration for ideas?
Sign up for these!
Startup Ideas powered by OpenAI
by @levelsio A startup that provides a service for helping people who are looking to hire contractors and small businesses to find the right one ✖ Swipe left, or your left arrow key to dislike ❤️ Swipe right, or your right arrow key to like The idea (pun intended) is to give you inspiration to make something cool, if you lack inspiration right now.
Catalyst's that drive your company's growth:
- Business Model - Don't complicate. Simple, the better.
- Value-Driven: Direct value to your customer whose head is on fire.
- Build a feedback and value Loop.
- Focus on a "job-to-be-done" rather than going through the whole process of problem discovery.
- Run behind the value, not valuation. The best investment is always from customers.
Questions to ask your customer and yourself before building it. Is our solution;
Desirable: What's desirable from a human, environmental and organisational perspective?
Viable: What can we do that is sustainable now and into the future?
Feasible: What's technically possible?
Ethical / Impactful: Just because we can should we? Does it truly achieve the outcomes we need to see?
Steps you can take to verify that the solutions you are working on to solve your target customer’s key challenge or pain points.
Step 1: List out one key/primary Job or challenge you are trying to solve for a particular target customer group. These are their pain points. Your research, immersion, and interviews will give you the required information for determining what challenge you are trying to solve. This will heavily depend on the specific target customer group you are focusing on, which you need to identify. Step 2: What benefits or outcomes will flow to this target group if you can successfully solve their challenge. From your target customer’s perspective, what benefits or outcomes they can expect from you – what’s is in it for them? Step 3: How do you measure the benefits or outcomes you intend to provide to your target group? What are the KPIs or SMART measures of success are you seeking to achieve? (keep it simple - 2 KPIs per outcome) Starting with the end in mind, what should your investors or stakeholders expect from you? Step 4: What strategies will you consider and adopt to deliver on the measures of success – as the saying goes, what gets measured, gets done. Your strategies must link to your KPIs, which is your success metric or criteria your define in your head. Step 5: List down all possible actions or action steps needed to deliver on each of your high-level strategies. You may also identify what assets you need to build like a website, mobile apps, databases, wiki's etc Step 6: Evaluate your options and prioritise your work plan. Some solutions may not be feasible at this moment. Step 7: Build based on your action plan and prioritisation. As a founder, it is your responsibility to stick to the plan and meet KPI's as defined. OKR's play a key role in keeping you aligned.
🦸🏻♂️ The paying Y - Your Customers (it's all about them)
- Customer obsession is key
- Build a community-driven business. A community may convert to a customer base if their every input is valued, quick turnaround on error resolution, feature prioritisation and much more. Communities are so powerful that 5 years ago "Community Manager" job didn't exist.
🥷🏻 The significant M - Mentors!
Mentors! Mentors! Mentors!
- Mentor driven value: Mentors not only give you a direction, but they also bring a lot of value in terms of educating you (not everyone is good at everything) and show you a path to find the right acquisition channels to seek further validation and grow your startup hence achieving product-market fit. You need to be mentorable!
- Mentor driven growth for startups: Mentors has the highest ability to increase your network by introducing you to their own. All you need is dedication and commitment. Deliver value and there are good people out there to support you always.
Bases in Simplified Entrepreneurship
// Each base contains all of the information you need for a particular section or collection.
Great article on how to build a SaaS business on your own!
Dont forget to watch the Youtube video at the end.
Life in entrepreneurship is never linear, but by educating ourselves and taking advantage of the available tools and resources, we can at least try normalising it.
The only way to get better at something is by addressing the challenges and finding every possible way to overcome them, leading to success.
I personally believe every future or current founder should have "Imagination" and "Discipline". Imagination is a great power to create something futuristic and fuels commitment to dedicate.
Thank you 🙏🏻
We hope you enjoyed Simplified Entrepreneurship 😇
If you have any questions or feedback or just have a conversation with us over coffee, please fill the form 👉
Show us some Love ❤️
Testimonial | Collect video testimonials
Text testimonials looks less authentic. We help you collect video testimonials from your customers so you can better promote your business.
Follow Simplified Entrepreneurship on socials
// Take your startup to next level with Founders' Book.
Inspired and motivated to start your own and contribute to the Creator/Maker/Builder Economy or build a great SaaS company?
At Founders' Book - " We personally bet on great entrepreneurs. Some startup ideas seem impossible in the hands of one founder but inevitable in the hands of others "
We would like to reward and encourage your passion. Get a 50% discount and lifetime access to Founders' Book - Yellow pages for first-time founders and early-stage startups.
1 toolkit for first-time founders and early-stage startups to ideate, build and launch their startups.
Enter the code "StartupsSimplified50" to get 50% off the Founders' Book.
Join as an affiliate
// Earn money by telling your friends and audience about Founders' Book. For every paying customer, you refer with your unique code, you'll get a 20% lifetime commission.
What's inside Founders' Book?
🛠 1000+ Tools and platforms across 90+ categories
📖 2000+ Articles and guides on different stages of startups, founder stories, best practice guides, growth hacks and many more
💰 Startup deals and credits saving you thousands of $$ on software subscriptions.
📒 Tiny guides on Product Management, UI/UX, Landing pages, MVP development and more
🤖 No-code Bible: All you need to know about the current no-code landscape, tools and capabilities
🗓 30 Day startup: One task a day to ideate, build your prototype and validate (launch in some cases) your startup
💼 Founders’ Hub: Place to document all your work
⚙ ️Tools to support your side hustle and building online communities& a lot more!
& many more. Learn more at Founders' Book
🌏 Startup and founder resources across 106 global startup ecosystems
🎙 Pitch deck and presentation templates
📱No-code app development sprint
📈 Startup fundraising resources
👨👩👧👦 CrowdSourced’ - informational user-generated resources
🪜 No-Code business you can build and launch in 30 days
🚀 How to convert your side project into a startup?
📥 Forms - Chilipepper
📊 Page Analytics - Notionlytics
Sources to images and their descriptions are provided next to or below every image/framework or methodology.
Simplified Entrepreneurship is an honest attempt to support aspiring and first-time founders to identify new startup opportunities. Understand the art of starting up and the convergence of the Internet, automation, content, curation, platform and no-code economies.
Made by Goutham with 🤔 and ☕️ in the land down under 🇦🇺